Our car seats need to be protected from damage, so we use seat covers, right? Car seat covers ensure that you have a stress-free driving experience. You can eat and drink whatever you want. You can also invite your children and pet to join you without any mess. Isn't that what you're looking for?
However, in order to provide protection to car seats, covers are prone to filth, grime, wear, and tear. So, this article is going to give you every know-how to maintain and clean your car seat covers.
Keep reading if you are concerned about the safety of your travel companion.
Importance of Cleaning Car Seat CoverWhile giving the best protection to your car seats, covers are exposed to a lot of harshness. Here are some reasons why you need to clean them regularly.
- Regular cleaning and conditioning protect the covers from dryness caused due to UV exposure.
- Proper cleaning will remove stains and odour caused by spillage.
- Neat and clean seat covers give a fresh look to the car's interior and enhance your driving experience.
How to Clean Car Seat Covers
We know why cleaning seat cover is essential. Let's take a look at how to clean your car seat covers at home.
- Preparation: Proper cleaning is going to take quite a good time, so do some preparations prior cleaning process. Collect all tools and cleaning material in the place like a portable vacuum cleaner, soft bristle brush, microfiber cloth, and mild cleaning solution. You can simply go with laundry detergent to wash your seat cover.
- Wipe off Dirt: Before taking the cover for cleaning, try to remove as much dirt and grime as possible or any micro solid material from the stitched joints and crevices. Use a vacuum cleaner or simply brush up for this purpose.
- Disassemble seat covers: For deep cleaning, it's better to take off the covers from the seat. Be gentle while detaching cover and take the help of someone to save time.
- Cleaning: Take a bucket of hot water and mild cleaning solution or a laundry detergent. Scrub covers with a soft bristle brush. You will observe the dirt coming out while cleaning, this is because liquid solutions loosen up the dirt from micropores. After a few rounds of scrubbing, wash and wipe off the covers with a microfibre cloth.
- Drying: It is preferred to hang dry the covers in open. Don’t dry them in sharp sun exposure instead dry them in a partially shaded area. Complete drying will take a couple of days so make sure to wash covers when you don’t need to go out.
- Reinstallation: Once you are convinced that the covers are completely dried and there is not even minor moisture, you can reinstall them to your car seats. Here again, you can take the helping hand to ease the process.
So, here’s a six-step process to squeaky clean your car seat covers and give them shine strength, and freshness.
Daily Maintenance TipsThe ideal gap between two proper washes is 6 months. Frequently cleaning your covers can damage them so it's recommended to follow some daily maintenance tips for the durability of car seat covers.
- Wipe off any spillage immediately to prevent a permanent stain.
- Avoid keeping any sharp edge products on the seat to avoid scratches.
- Choose the toddler seat wisely with bold edges.
- Park your car in the shaded area to protect from sun exposure.
- Use a gentle cleaning solution to avoid discoloration.
Cars are an essential asset to our convenience and luxury. We need to have a frequent cleaning routine to maintain its resale value and avail the best experience of it.
While wrapping up, we would like to get your attention to our customized seat covers providing the utmost comfort and unique design. Browse our store to avail the custom seat covers for your car.